Scholarship Season is Here!
Scholarships are added frequently to Naviance so check often!
Website links and applications (if available) are available on Naviance. (See the link below.)
Search for scholarships and applications on the Scholarship List link under the "Colleges" tab in Naviance.
You may also search the "scholarship match" or "national scholarship search" tabs.
Everyone needs money for college! Check out Naviance for links or applications to these local scholarships and many more! You can only WIN a scholarship if you APPLY for a scholarship! Naviance
Helpful Links to Scholarship Information
Searching for Scholarships on Naviance
Senior Scholarship and Financial Aid Information
Senior Scholarship and Financial Aid Information
Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps (NROTC)
$180,000 Scholarship Opportunity
Sophomores and Juniors who are interested in serving in the military but also want the chance to attend college are encouraged to check out the NROTC scholarship opportunity. The program allows students to earn a degree and be trained in valuable leadership and management skills. See the flyer for more information.
Please note: Scholarships are most often for Seniors only.
Search for Scholarships
There are many ways to fund a college education - scholarships, grants or loans from the Federal Government, schools and institutions, corporations, workplace, and local clubs or organizations. Start your search with the web links provided below or log in to your student's Naviance account and search the "college & money" tab. Read more about Naviance Family Connection below.
Top Ten Tips for "Winning" Scholarship Applications (From FastWEB.com)
- Apply only if you are eligible. Read requirements and directions carefully.
- Complete application in full. If a question does not apply, note that on the application. Do not leave a blank.
- Follow directions. Provide everything that is required, but do not supply things that are not requested – you could be disqualified.
- Neatness counts. Always type the application if you can, or if you must print, do so neatly and legibly.
- Make sure your essay makes an impression. Be personal and specific. Include concrete details to make your experience come alive.
- Watch all deadlines. Don’t send the materials in late – they will be refused.
- Take steps to make sure your entire application gets where it needs to go. Place name on all pages of the application in case it comes apart.
- Give it a final ‘once-over.’ Proofread carefully. Ask another person to read it over before you submit it.
- Ask for help if you need it. Visit your counselor or Mrs. Peters in the CCC.
- Remember: your scholarship application represents you! Your ability to submit a neat, timely, complete application reflects on you.
Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
Don’t Forget Western Undergraduate Exchange: If you are applying to a participating out of state school, a WUE scholarships can pay for 150% of resident tuition (so you don’t end up paying full out of state tuition). Each participating school administers WUE scholarships differently, so carefully read the information on each school’s website. More information and a list of participating schools can be found online at www.wue.wiche.edu
The CCC has compiled a list of websites
Scholarship Search Services:
Links to websites are offered for your convenience in accessing related information, but do not constitute an endorsement of the website or its content. TOHS takes no responsibility for the views, content or accuracy of the information presented by an external website.
Air Force ROTC
CA Student Aid Commission
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
United Negro College Fund
WUE for Reduced Tuition
Check out the links for scholarships:
Surfing for Scholarships
Cal Grant - Ed Fund - FAFSA
We are pleased to welcome you to Naviance Family Connection. This web-based program is a vital tool for your college and career research and eventual submission of your applications to college. This program will be used as your primary vehicle to:
Before seniors can schedule a counseling appointment with their counselor regarding applying to college, they must complete the steps on the Naviance College Counseling Appointment Checklist.
United States Armed Forces Academies
The five academies of the United States Armed Forces present opportunities for scholarships each year to Seniors. But the process starts well before Senior year. If you are interested in attending an academy, stop by the College & Career office for more information.
Representatives from all five academies come to TOHS every September to present the scholarships and careers available to students at these outstanding institutions:
US Military Academy, West Point, New York
US Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland
US Coast Guard, New London, Connecticut
US Air Force, Colorado Springs, Colorado
US Merchant Marines, Kings Point, New York
All academy scholarships are fully paid tuition and are awarded by Congressional appointment. This is an outstanding opportunity for motivated young men and women to receive an exceptional educational experience and a rewarding career.